Thursday, April 26, 2012

Little League Baseball

I watched a little league machine pitch baseball game the other day and I saw something very interesting.  The kids were between the ages of 8 and 9.  They were playing but as most of you know there is a lot of waiting in baseball.  You could see that the kids were psyching themselves up for the next play.  It seemed that they were more interested in how they looked playing the game than the actual game itself.  They would make faces and high five each other after good plays and they were always looking over to the stands to see who was watching.  It showed that they were proud to be baseball players and that they took pride in standing on the field.  Their showmanship was quite interesting.  When the game was over the team that I had been rooting for lost but there were no tears.  They walked through the line and high fived the other team with big smiles on their faces as if they had just won the World Series.  I think that the smiles were just pride of being on a team on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment